This is simply an inverse chronologic list of the reference books I’ve
bought since 2006, when I started keeping track separately from
my books read list. I don’t
necessarily recommend these books. See
Books that I Recommend for the ones I
- Fresh from the Vegan Slow Cooker, by Robin Robertson.
- Grimms' Tales for Young and Old: The Complete Stories, by Jacob Ludwig Carl Grimm, Jacob W. Grimm, Wilhelm Grimm, Ralph Manheim.
- The Complete Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm All-New Third Edition, by Jacob Grimm, Wilhelm Grimm, Jack Zipes.
- Tao Te Ching: A New English Version, by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell.
- The Essential Phantom of the Opera: The Definitive, Annotated Edition of Gaston Leroux’s Classic Novel, by Gaston Leroux, Leonard Wolf.
- Quick and Easy Vegan Slow Cooking, by Carla Kelly.
- Vegan Fire & Spice: 200 Sultry and Savory Global Recipes, by Robin Robertson.
- The Art of Fermentation: An In-Depth Exploration of Essential Concepts and Processes from Around the World, by Sandor Ellix Katz.
- The Slave Trade, by Hugh Thomas.
- The Complete Rhyming Dictionary: Including The Poet’s Craft Book, by Clement Wood, Ronald J. Bogus.
- The Best in the World, edited by Neal D. Barnard.
- Climate Change 2007 - The Physical Science Basis, by IPCC.
- Climate Change 2007 - Impacts, Adaptation, by IPCC.
- Climate Change 2007 - Mitigation, by IPCC.
- How to Cook Everything Vegetarian, by Mark Bittman.
- New Vegetarian Epicure, by Anna Thomas.
- Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home, by Moosewood Collective.
- The Artful Vegan: Fresh Flavors from the Millennium Restaurant, by Eric Tucker.
- Advanced Bread and Pastry, by Michel Suas.
- Rick Steves’ Spain 2008, by Rick Steves.
- The Trans-Siberian Handbook, by Bryn Thomas.
- Hiking Death Valley: A Guide to Its Natural Wonders & Mining Past, by Michel Digonnet.
- Flatbreads and Flavors, by Jeffrey Alford, Naomi Duguid.
- I Am Grateful: Recipes and Lifestyle of Cafe Gratitude, by Terces Engelhart.
- The Amazing Wheat Book, by Learta Moulton.
- RAW: The Uncook Book, by Juliano Brotman.
- Laurel’s Kitchen Bread Book, by Laurel Robertson.
- A Comprehensive Guide to Wilderness and Travel Medicine, by Eric A. Weiss.
- The Soapmaker’s Companion, by Susan Miller Cavitch.
- 507 Mechanical Movements, by Henry T. Brown.
- 970 Mechanical Appliances and Novelties of Construction, by Gardner D. Hiscox.
- 1800 Mechanical Movements and Devices, by Gardner D. Hiscox.
- Farm Blacksmithing, by J. M. Drew.
- Barn Plans & Outbuildings, by Byron D. Halsted.
- Fences Gates And Bridges: A Practical Manual, by George A. Martin.
- The Young Mill-Wright And Miller’s Guide, by .
- New Edge of the Anvil, by Jack Andrews.
- The Contrary Farmer, by Gene Logsdon.
- Welder’s Handbook, by Richard Finch.
- How to Build Small Barns & Outbuildings, by Monte Burch.
- Rodale’s Book of Practical Formulas, by Paula Dreifus Bakule.
- Low Fire, by Leon I. Nigrosh.
- Ditch Medicine, by Hugh L. Coffee.
- Making the Best of Basics, by James Talmage Stevens.
- Primitive Wilderness Living and Survival Skills, by John McPherson, Geri McPherson.
- Back to Basics, by Reader’s Digest editors.
- The Kiln Book, by Frederick L. Olsen.
- Ingenious Mechanisms for Designers and Inventors Vol. 1, by Franklin D. Jones.
- Ingenious Mechanisms for Designers and Inventors Vol. 2, by Franklin D. Jones.
- De re Metallica, by Georgius Agricola.
- Diderot Pictorial Encyclopedia of Trades and Industry, by Denis Diderot.
- Foxfire Book, by Eliot Wigginton.
- The American Red Cross First Aid & Safety Handbook
- Roark’s Formulas for Stress and Strain, by Warren C. Young.
- The Encyclopedia of Country Living: An Old Fashioned Recipe Book, by Carla Emery.
- The Complete Modern Blacksmith, by Alexander G. Weygers.
- Machinery’s Handbook, by Erik Oberg.
- The ARRL Antenna Book, by R. Dean Straw.
- ARRL Handbook for Radio Communications 2006, by Dana G. Reed.
- Moosewood Restaurant Simple Suppers, by Moosewood Collective.
- Fields of Greens: New Vegetarian Recipes from the Celebrated Greens Restaurant, by Annie Somerville.
- New Moosewood Cookbook, by Mollie Katzen, Moosewood Restaurant.
- Vegetarian Times Complete Cookbook, by Vegetarian Times Magazine.
- The Savory Way, by Deborah Madison.
- The Essential Vegetarian Cookbook, by Diana Shaw.
- Complete Guide to Home Canning and Preserving, by U.S. Dept. of Agriculture.
- Pressure Cookers for Dummies, by Tom Lacalamita.
- Joy of Cooking: All About Canning & Preserving, by Irma Von Rombauer.
- Preserving Summer’s Bounty: A Quick and Easy Guide to Freezing, Canning, Preserving, and Drying What You Grow, by Susan McClure.
- Plants and Landscapes for Summer Dry Climates of the San Francisco Bay Region, by East Bay MUD.
- Backyard Homestead, Mini-Farm and Garden Log Book, by John Jeavons, Robin Leler, J. Morgador Griffin.
- Plants of the San Francisco Bay Region: Mendocino to Monterey, by Linda H. Beidleman, Eugene N. Kozloff.
- Pests of the Garden and Small Farm, by Mary Louise Flint.
- Garden Insects of North America, by Whitney Cranshaw.
- Organic Gardener’s Handbook of Natural Insect and Disease Control, by Barbara W. Ellis, Fern M. Bradley.
- Keeping the Harvest: Preserving Your Fruits, Vegetables and Herbs, by Nancy Chioffi, Gretchen Mead.
- Ball Blue Book of Preserving, by Alltrista Consumer Products.
- Canning & Preserving for Dummies, by Karen Ward.
- Stocking Up, by Carol Hupping.
- New Laurel’s Kitchen, by Laurel Robertson, Carol Flinders, Brian Ruppenthal.
- Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen, by Donna Klein.
- Simply Vegan: Quick Vegetarian Meals, by Debra Wasserman, Reed Mangels.
- How It All Vegan, by Sarah Kramer, Tanya Barnard.
- The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan Again!, by Tanya Barnard, Sarah Kramer.
- Voluptuous Vegan, by Myra Kornfeld, George R. Minot.