Books piled up
Textbook reading queue
Planning to buy
Books piled up
- Tenth of December: Stories, by George Saunders.
- The Best American Short Stories 2012, edited by Tom Perrotta, Heidi Pitlor [TTBOOK]
- Ulysses, by James Joyce, narrated by Jim Norton.
- Seeing Lily, by Brian Hubbell.
- The Castle, by Franz Kafka.
- The Picture of Dorian Gray: An Annotated, Uncensored Edition, by Oscar Wilde.
- Faust, Vol. 2, by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, David Luke (Translator).
- Crime and Punishment, by Fyodor Dostoevsky, Richard Pevear (Translator), Larissa Volokhonsky (Translator).
- The Brothers Karamazov, by Fyodor Dostoevsky, Richard Pevear (Translator), Larissa Volokhonsky (Translator).
- Anna Karenina, by Leo Tolstoy, Richard Pevear (Translator), Larissa Volokhonsky (Translator).
- One Hundred Years of Solitude (P.S.), by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
- 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus, by Charles C. Mann.
- Swoon: Great Seducers and Why Women Love Them, by Betsy Prioleau [TTBOOK]
- For the Love of Letters: A 21st-Century Guide to the Art of Letter Writing, by Samara O’Shea [TTBOOK]
- Sake: A Modern Guide, by Beau Timkin, Sara Deseran.
- Self Comes to Mind: Constructing the Conscious Brain, by Antonio Damasio.
- A Great Improvisation: Franklin, France, and the Birth of America, by Stacy Schiff.
- Louder Than Words: The New Science of How the Mind Makes Meaning, by Benjamin K. Bergen[BSP 94]
- The Mother Tongue - English And How It Got That Way, by Bill Bryson.
- Burmese Days, by George Orwell.
- Portable Nietzsche, by Friedrich Nietzsche.
- The Mystery of Capital, by Hernando De Soto.
- The Digital Person, by Daniel J. Solove.
- All Things Censored, by Mumia Abu-Jamal.
- Invisible Heroes, by Belleruth Naparstek.
- Self-Sufficient Life and How to Live It, by John Seymour.
- When Technology Fails: A Manual for Self Reliance & Planetary Survival, by Matthew Stein.
- Living Silence: Burma under Military Rule, by Christina Fink.
- Kamikaze Diaries, by Emiko Ohnuki-Tierney.
- The Complete Anti-Federalist, by Herbert J. Storing.
- Letters and Papers from Prison, by Dietrich Bonhoeffer.
- The Gulag Archipelago, by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
- The Tinkerer’s Accomplice, by J. Scott Turner.
- Divine Wind, by Kerry Emanuel.
- The Complete Kama Sutra, translated by Alain Daniélou.
- The Economics of Climate Change, by Nicholas Stern.
- The Backyard Beekeeper, by Kim Flottum and Weeks Ringle.
- Red, White, and Brew, by Brian Yaeger.
- For the Common Good, by Herman Daly and John Cobb.
- Radical Evolution, by Joel Garreau.
- The Horse Boy: A Memoir of Healing, by Rupert Isaacson.
- Overthrow, by Stephen Kinzer.
- Intelligence of Apes and Other Rational Beings, by Duane M. Rumbaugh, David A. Washburn.
- Skew-Tolerant Circuit Design, by David Harris.
- Zen-Brain Reflections, by James H. Austin.
- Our Inner Ape: Power, Sex, Violence, Kindness, and the Evolution of Human Nature, by Frans de Waal.
- Supporting Grade 5-8 Students in Constructing Explanations in Science: The Claim, Evidence, and Reasoning Framework for Talk and Writing, by Katherine L. McNeill.
- Common Riparian Plants of California: A Field Guide for the Layman, by Phyllis M. Faber, Robert F. Holland.
- Gaia’s Garden: A Guide to Home-Scale Permaculture, by Toby Hemenway, John Todd.
- Golden Gate Gardening, by Pam Peirce, Pam Dardick.
- Complete Book of Edible Landscaping, by Rosalind Creasy.
- The Nursery Manual, by Liberty H. Bailey.
- Manual of Gardening, by Liberty H. Bailey.
- The Outlook to Nature, by Liberty H. Bailey.
- Rodale Book of Composting, by Deborah L. Martin.
- Botany for Gardeners, by Brian Capon.
- California Landscape Garden: Ecology, Culture, and Design, by Mark Francis, Andreas Reimann.
- Healing with Whole Foods: Asian Traditions and Modern Nutrution, by Paul Pitchford.
- Seed to Seed, by Suzanne Ashworth, Kent Whealy.
- Unsettling of America: Culture and Agriculture, by Wendell Berry.
- Western Fruit, Berries and Nuts: How to Select, Grow and Enjoy, by Robert L. Stebbins, Lance Walheim.
- Introduction to Permaculture, by Bill Mollison, Reny M. Slay. Seeds of Change
- Permaculture: A Designer’s Manual, by Bill Mollison. Seeds of Change
- Permaculture Two, by Bill Mollison. Seeds of Change
- New Roots for Agriculture, by Wes Jackson.
- Wild Lilies, Irises, and Grasses: Gardening with California Monocots, by Nora Harlow.
- The Organic Gardener’s Handbook of Natural Insect and Disease Control, by Barbara Ellis.
- Living Fences, by Ogden Tanner.
- California’s Wild Gardens: A Guide to Favorite Botanical Sites, by Phyllis Faber.
- The Gardener’s Table, by Richard Merrill and Joe Ortiz.
- One Straw Revolution, by Fukuoka.
- The Soil And Health, by Albert Howard.
Textbook reading queue
- Power Electronics: Converters, Applications, and Design, by Ned Mohan.
- Fundamentals of Power Electronics, by Robert W. Erickson.
- International Economics, by Paul R. Krugman and Maurice Obstfeld.
- Partial Differential Equations, by Walter A. Strauss.
- Introduction to Partial Differential Equations and Hilbert Space, by Karl E. Gustafson.
- The Colossal Book of Mathematics, by Martin Gardener.
- A Wavelet Tour of Signal Processing, by Stephane G. Mallat.
- Abstract Algebra, by David Dummit.
- Introduction to Hilbert Spaces With Applications, by Lokenath Debnath, Piotr Mikusinski.
- Classics on Fractals, edited by Gerald A. Edgar.
- Fundamentals of Renewable Energy Processes, by Aldo Da Rosa.
- Ecological Economics, by Joshua Farley, Herman E. Daly.
- Shapes, Space, and Symmetry, by Alan Holden.
- Regular Polytopes, by H. S. M. Coxeter.
Planning to buy